[Myxa] Current limiting behavior

Hi Dmitry,

No change at all. Still get no response from PWM control.
Tried initiating at 1.5ms, and 1ms but no change. See attached video.
Did you need to me to update the firmware on the ESC before trying your suggestions?

Hi George,

The RCPWM works well on all the firmware versions. It is not required to update the firmware, therefore. So, there are only 2 possible reasons left.

1. Incorrect connection
  2. Incorrect pwm pulse parameters set in RCBenchmark.
    Please check the connection and the PWM signal parameters. If the controller still does not work, then send it to us, we will send you a replacement.

Ok,
So managed to run the ESC in PWM mode by driving it directly through a Futaba R7008SB receiver.
However, on RCBenchmark, I still can’t get it to run in PWM mode. The PWM driving protocol is ‘Standard PWM 50Hz’, the exact same setup I used to drive the Myxa A2 with. I don’t understand why one ESC can be driven and the other can’t.

Any thoughts?

I think the best way to understand what’s happening is to connect the oscilloscope to the RCBenchmark RCPWM interface and check the pulse signal parameters.

Still couldn’t find out why the PWM didn’t work with RCBenchMark. But I managed to measure thrust, torque, and rpm by spinning it up with from with the Kucher.

Did you connect the oscilloscope to the RCPWM input? What is the PWM frequency?

No, didn’t have the time. Couldn’t figure out that issue. Used a receiver to do the tests…