UAVCAN on APM 3.3

Pavel, I copied the CLI data for Randy but haven’t heard back yet so I thought I would see if you would look at it. Tridge said that Zubax gnss is plug and play with no configuration required. Anyway here is a copy of the data and my reply to Randy.

@Randy
Right you are. I had a heck of a time and could not get a screen shot so I copied the results to a word file and pasted here. I did not copy all of the esc data but the gnss is all here. The indicator led’s on the Zubax are indicating can bus traffic and gps lock just exactly as with the PX4 stack when I have it working with QGC.
uavcan status
ESC actuators control groups: sub: 0 / reg: 0 / flds: 2
ESC mixer: NONE
// I did not copy all of the esc data
Sensor ‘gnss’ :
RX errors: 0, receiver node id: 1
Sensor ‘mag’ :
devname: /dev/mag
channel 0: node id 1 - - > class instance 1
channel 1: empty
channel 2: empty
channel 3: empty
channel 4: empty
sensor ‘baro’ :
devname: /dev/baro
channel 0: empty
channel 1: empty
channel 2: empty
channel 3: empty
channel 4: empty
Thanks, RB

Hi Randy,

This certainly looks like an APM issue. The UAVCAN driver reports that it is receiving data from Zubax GNSS, but APM doesn’t pick up this data for some reason.

Are you using ArduCopter or ArduPlane? Have you filed an issue on APM Github?

I’ll try to reproduce this later with my setup to see how I can help.

I’m using APM Copter 3.3rc1. I have not posted a github yet. Evidently Tridge has used the Zubax with 3.3 but I have not been in contact with him.

Thanks,
Randy Bachtell

Just posted to github
rb

I just wrote a tutorial that covers how to make APM use UAVCAN-interfaced sensors: docs.zubax.com/Zubax_GNSS_tutori … M_firmware