Query Measurements from Myxa

As mentioned by @pavel-kirienko in the Quick start guide, the phase current is largely unrelated to the DC link current.

Since Myxa/Télega already has to measure the individual phase currents for the control algorithms, is there a way to query these (or an RMS value) over USB/UART/CAN?

You can query the voltage and current in the DQ system using the status message:

To get RMS, divide by the square root of two.

FYI, this interface is tentative. Kucher and the current ad-hoc proprietary binary interface will be replaced with UAVCAN-over-serial in the next firmware release. We are currently building a new UAVCAN GUI called Yukon that will replace Kucher:

1 Like

I would like to access these values over serial (preferrably via Kucher) or UAVCANv0 (preferrably via the UAVCAN GUI Tool’s interactive console) to create a primitive datalogger.

• I currently am able to query these measurements from the Kucher GUI, but I don’t see any option to query them repeatedly and dump the results in a csv file.
  • I managed to request configuration values via pyuavcan’s uavcan.protocol.param.GetSet(), but I did not find a way to access motor.i_dq; the result is empty.

Do you have a hint?

This is not possible at the moment. Soon we will get to implement UAVCAN v1 in Myxa (and all other Telega-based devices), where this will be possible to do using the new Register API that is available in v1.

Ah, that’s unfortunate. Thank you for clarifying, though! :+1:

We’re quite close though:

https://forum.uavcan.org/t/needs-feedback-esc-message-set/922/5?u=pavel.kirienko

Sounds good!