Identifying individual Myxa's on CANBUS

Hi Pavel,

I ordered 3 Myxa’s from Titan on July 4th and still have not received. In the interim, I have a question about identifying each MYXA over CAN and device ID’s. I have done a lot of “serial” software development in my career , just not CANBUS. My question relates to CAN ID’s and uniquely identifying the individual MYXAS since they will be controlling different functionality in my application. (Fuel Pump x 2 , Oil pump) . I am working with the Intel Aero platform.

Is there a unique hardware address/serial number that’s device specific for the each Myxa that is available over CANBUS? Is it the location on the CANBUS that sets the ID?

I ordered 3 Myxa’s from Titan on July 4th and still have not received.

@Bryan_Monti could you please look into this?

Is there a unique hardware address/serial number that’s device specific for the each Myxa that is available over CANBUS? Is it the location on the CANBUS that sets the ID?

Every Myxa (or, in general, virtually any UAVCAN device) has a 128-bit unique ID. It is accessible via the service uavcan.protocol.GetNodeInfo. However, nodes use shorter 7-bit ID for communication; the 7-bit ID can be assigned either automatically (in which case you can’t control which node gets which ID, but the 128-bit unique ID is obviously invariant to that) or manually (in which case you choose the ID values yourself in the range from 1 to 125, inclusive). More info on this is available in the UAVCAN specification.

The UAVCAN implementation used in Myxa is virtually identical to that used in Sapog, so please read the section 4.1 in the Sapog reference manual.

Is it the location on the CANBUS that sets the ID?

Location does not matter at all.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, I will code up something and try it when my boards finally arrive.