Going wireless with UAVCAN Babel adapter

Hi! Could you pls recommend solution for making wireless connection to UAVCAN. Preferably with BABEL adapter. I see it has UART interface. So probably I can connect something like 3DR Radio to it and have data coming wireless?

How do you believe will this work? Telemetry port has CTS and RTS signals. I’m not sure they are absolutely required for communication. Are those available with BABEL adapter?

There are 2 TX/RX sets of pins on the BABEL - one in CON6 the other one is available for soldering on its right side. Are those the same UART interface or they are connected to different UART interfaces?

Hi Ali,

So probably I can connect something like 3DR Radio to it and have data coming wireless?
How do you believe will this work?

Yes, it should work; however, beware that the SLCAN protocol does not have any built-in means of error correction or detection, so some of your data will be lost and damaged.

If you are looking for a proper solution, consider modifying the firmware of Babel (it is open source) replacing the SLCAN protocol with something error-resistant, e.g. Popcop).

Telemetry port has CTS and RTS signals. I’m not sure they are absolutely required for communication. Are those available with BABEL adapter?

Babel does not support hardware flow control, but it is not required. Your connection will function without it, although some data may be occasionally lost to buffer overflows.

There are 2 TX/RX sets of pins on the BABEL - one in CON6 the other one is available for soldering on its right side. Are those the same UART interface or they are connected to different UART interfaces?

Both sets of pins are connected to the same UART interface.