I’m trying to Fly a DJI F450 quadrotor with a Pixhawk and 4 Zubax Orel 20 ESC’s connected via UAVCAN. I’m using QGroundControl.
Here is what I did:
- Daisy chain 4 Zubax Orel’s to the Pixhawk CAN port, and connect the 4th Orel to a terminated Babel board.
- Open UAVCAN GUI Tool and turn on the Dynamic node ID allocation server
- In QGroundControl under parameters, set UAVCAN_ENABLE to “Dynamic ID/Update” and save
- In QGroundControl under Power, check “Show UAVCAN Settings” and “Enable UAVCAN…”
- Reboot the Pixhawk
- All 4 Orel boards beep twice and have solid green lights
- In QGroundControl under Power check “Show UAVCAN Settings” (Enable UAVCAN still checked) and “Start Assignment”
- All 4 Orel boards have blue blinking lights
- Spin the motors by hand in order (1, 2, 3, 4…).
Each Orel board beeps, some once and some twice.
- All 4 Orel boards have solid green lights
So this worked really nice and I was basically able to reproduce the video here:
My problem is that when I disconnect the Babel board from Orel #4 and terminate it, steps 7 fails.
So, the QGroundControl/Pixhawk UAVCAN Motor Index and Direction assignment does not seem to work without the Babel connected.
Do you understand why this could happen?
Could this be related to the discussion here: github.com/PX4/Firmware/pull/5356 ? (Should I post there? I would be happy to help with testing).
Do you know if a quadrotor using Pixhawk with Zubax Orel 20 (over CAN) and QGroundControl has successfully flown yet?
On step 9, some of the Orel boards beep once and others twice when spinning the motors.
What does one beep mean? What does two beeps mean?
The number of beeps didn’t seem to match CCW/CW and wasn’t repeatable.
Also, I noticed that in step 5 after changing UAVCAN_ENABLE to “Dynamic ID/Update” after rebooting the Pixhawk it reads “Motors/Update” in QGroundControl.
I’m not sure what the right forum is for this…
Maybe under pixhawk… but the pixhawk page “forum” link (discuss.px4.io/categories…. but when I tried to sign up I never got a confirmation email (not even in spam) so I can’t post there at the moment.
If I should post this elsewhere please let me know.