Babel is overheating

I was able to encode and read messages from other devices connected to Babel.
However, after about an hour being connected, I noticed a burning smell of the PCB and so turned the power off.
After that, I checked the appearance of Babel, I found that the case around the back of the Q1 transistor was distorted.
Probably the Q1 transistor has overheated.
What can make Q1 overheated?


Q1 is a crystal, so it is unlikely to overheat. The nearest components that could conceivably overheat are the termination resistor switch IC2 and the bus power output transistor T1. Could it be that the device was damaged by overvoltage on the CAN bus side or perhaps a static discharge?

Please reach out to with your order number and a link to this thread so we can ship you a replacement.